Why Icing Your Face Every Day Is Beneficial for Your Skin: 5 Reasons to Do It Now!
January 05, 2023
If you are looking for an easy (and FREE) way to improve the look and feel of your skin, consider adding icing your face daily to your skincare routine. Icing your face is an age-old beauty treatment that has been used by celebrities and beauty aficionados alike to help improve skin texture, reduce inflammation, reduce puffiness, and fight wrinkles. It involves using a chilled facial roller, ice globes, or, if you're the minimalist type, just a good old fashioned ice-cube straight out of the freezer, and applying it in circular motions on the surface of the skin for 2-3 minutes each day. If you're wondering what all the hype is about, here are five reasons why you should start icing your face every day!
1. Reduce Inflammation: While our acne bootcampers already know the benefits of icing daily to help with breakouts, this beauty trick isn't reserved for just those fighting breakouts! Icing reduces inflammation and calms redness in the skin by constricting blood vessels underneath the surface of the skin. This helps reduce ANY areas of inflammation - whether caused by acne breakouts OR other causes of irritation. Additionally, icing can help reduce post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH) which are dark spots on the skin created by blemishes or acne.
2. Improve Skin Texture: Icing can help improve the overall texture of the skin by reducing pore size and evening out bumps from blemishes or blackheads. As icing helps reduce inflammation it also reduces any swelling associated with clogged pores which helps make them appear less visible on the surface of the skin. This leads to smoother looking skin with fewer visible pores.
3. Improve the Appearance of Fine Lines & Wrinkles: One of the most popular benefits of icing is its ability to diminish fine lines and wrinkles over time as it helps smooth out any rough patches within them due to its anti-inflammatory properties mentioned above.
4. Reduce Puffiness & Dark Circles: Another benefit of icing is that it helps reduce puffiness around eyes as well as dark circles caused by stress or lack of sleep due to its ability to constrict blood vessels beneath the surface of our skin that become enlarged during times like these. Additionally, if done correctly (elevating head while lying on back) it can increase circulation throughout our face leading us back towards a more refreshed awake look afterwards!
5. Invigorate & Rejuvenate Skin Cells: Lastly, icing is great for invigorating and rejuvenating tired cells within our complexion leading us towards a much brighter complexion overall as it increases circulation across our facial muscles bringing them back life again! Anytime we are able to improve microcirculation, we also promote healthy cells that are able to regenerate faster than before!
Overall, icing your face every day is beneficial for more reasons than one including reducing inflammation, improving texture, minimizing fine lines and wrinkles, reducing puffiness/dark circles, and invigorating/rejuvenating tired cells – all leading us towards beautiful glowing complexion in no time at all!
Neurotoxins (such as "Botox") use a purified protein from the botulinum toxin that has been proven to safely and effectively stop the nerve from sending messages to the muscle to move in ways thatcause the skin the wrinkle/crinkle up and display those pesky wrinkles like the "11's" in between our brows, the horizontal lines across our foreheads, or the "crows feet" to the side of our eyes when we squint, smile, or make other expressions.